Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Monday 3 March 2014

Rant, moan and negativity

Bit of a different post today and a negative one on a Monday... not ideal I know. It's on the subject of negative posts. I'm going to say it. I don't like to be negative on my blog.

Now this isn't because I want to portray that I love every product I try or anything of the sorts. It's just that posts are easier to write on products that I like/ love and the sub-standard, below par products get pushed to the back of my stash. Another reason is that I like to try and find a use for products that don't work in the way they're designed or find a way they can work better. For example, a brown matte eye shadow from my MUA palette is chalky and not particularly pigmented as a shadow on its own. Layered on top of smudged brown eye liner over lid however and it's not so chalky and you can build up the colour. I get a lot of use out of this shadow because of using it in this way whereas someone else may write it off.

Do not get me wrong, if I hate a product or don't think it is worth the money, I will share it with you! (and for example, have here) That's the purpose of this blog! To direct you to the best products and steer you away from the ones that aren't worth your hard earned pennies.

The reason I'm writing this post is that I've seen a lot of posts and tweets about bloggers being overly positive. I suppose I'm just putting my opinion on it, that I don't think this is such a bad thing, or the end of the honesty of blogging. It may just be that the brands are upping their game and products are better (that sounds a bit naive on my part!) or bloggers, like me, are finding alternatives to the not so great products!

I would absolutely love to hear your opinions on this subject! Am I being silly or do you agree less negative posts isn't such a bad thing?

Signature photo Signature_zps8d23ffc3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...