Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Wednesday 26 March 2014

First Impressions: Superdrug BB Cream and Hot Cloth Cleanser

Alex Georgie| First Impressions: Superdrug BB Cream and Hot Cloth Cleanser
 
I've been trialling these products for a couple of weeks now and I'm so excited about them, I decided to do a first impressions post. This isn't a full review as because they are both skin products, I like to wait about a month before I comment on them to see how my skin reacts to continued use. I'll do a short 'follow up' post in a few weeks to tell you guys my final thoughts on them.

Anywaaay, the long and the short of it is I've been loving both of these products. I haven't picked up another base product since I bought the BB Cream and the hot cloth cleanser is one of the first I've tried and I'm really impressed. 

I was on the hunt for a BB Cream as Spring/Summer is coming up and I like to wear a lighter base in hotter weather. Not only so that my skin can breath but who wants to be sweating off a full face of make up? Not me, that's for sure! I first headed straight to the Maybelline stand as I wanted to try their Dream Fresh BB Cream but alas, they had stopped stocking my shade. That's when I went on a mad dash around Superdrug in an attempt to find an alternative. I stumbled across the Superdrug BB Cream and thought I would give it a go. I actually decided to pick up the anti ageing one in the end as it had a higher SPF than the other ones Superdrug offered. It promises to conceal age spots and imperfections, improve the look of wrinkles, improve smoothness/firmness of skin, boost radiance (another attractive purpose for me, Queen of Dull Skin) and even out skin tone.
I can't really comment on the anti-ageing side of it but I definitely feel as this product adds a glow to my skin as well as having a light coverage that even outs my skin tone and hides my hyper pigmentation.

I mentioned in a post a little while ago that I'd like to try a hot cloth cleanser. I've got quite dry skin and felt that face washes were just drying out my skin further. If you read this haul post, you would have seen that I picked up this hot cloth cleanser. I decided to go for Superdrugs' Vitamin E range as Miss Budget Beauty was raving about it at the time and I wasn't sure how much I would like this sort of cleanser so was playing it safe on the price range.
I really like this cleanser, it leaves my face feeling really smooth but not over stripped. It also comes with a muslin cloth which I feel gets rid of the impurities better than your average face wash.

All round thumbs up! Have you got any BB creams or cleansers that you like? Have you tried any of these products?

 photo Signature2_zps034d2f77.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...