Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Sunday 2 June 2013

Prom Look!

Hey!

Prom


My sister has trusted me to do her make up look for prom and I desperately don't want to let her down. I said in a recent post- LINK- that I bought the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze as a base colour for the look as she said she wanted a very neutral look. Olivia has very similar eyes to me in that she has quite droopy eye lids. This means that any colour on the lid has to be quite low, otherwise it simply won't show. I have tried to take the colour higher before but it just looks unusual so high above the crease. For that reason, I've kept the colour low and to very neutral shades. The above picture was a practice run and I would even say that it's too neutral as the colour barely shows on Olivia's skin tone. 

I did a different look on each eye, with the left eye being more heavy make up and the right being more simplistic. Olivia preferred the simple one. I liked the simple one too eyeliner wise but think I will add more mascara or natural looking false lashes to make her eyes stand out more. As well as this, I'd go for a darker brown eyeshadow in the crease and build up the colour tattoo to make it show up more. Im using the MUA Undress Me Too palette as well for this look. 

Since this practice run, Olivia decided that she wanted a cream coloured base instead of bronze so back to the drawing board! I'll have to play around with some more looks and see how they turn out. 

Do you have any suggestions? What look did you go for for your prom?




2 comments:

  1. aww it's so lovely that your sister wants you to do her makeup for her prom. This look looks lovely on her. Have you tried the shades from the Naked Palette, I'm sure there will be some shades in there that she will love and they have some great neutral shades in there too. xx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just want her to look great! That's a good idea! I picked up the MUA Undress Me Too palette because I heard it was a good dupe, but some shades just come up as a shimmer. I'll look into the UD one. Thanks!xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...