Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Friday 10 January 2014

Diary post #1

Dear Diary 

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd do a bit of a chatty, informal post today. I don't do these sorts of posts often so thought it might be fun to just type and see where it goes. A Dear Diary sort post if you will..

So it's after Christmas and New Year and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. At university, I'd gotten into a bad habit of staying up late so when I came home I thought I'd get out of that habit. Wrong. I seem to staying up later somehow. My mum's forced bed time of ten-ish (she can't sleep unless everyone is..weird I know) isn't cutting it. I'm staying up until one or two o'clock on my iPad, all the time wondering why I'm doing it. I'm not even a late night person! Half 9 bed time as of now! Promise.

As always when I come home, I've packed on the pounds. I'm not sure how much as I still don't own scales but I can feel it. I've got that sluggish feeling and my jeans are a tad tighter than I'd like. I really restrain myself at university as I hate to spend money on food/ bus travel I don't need. However once at home, my mum treats me to my weaknesses (chocolate and Chilli Heatwave Doritos) so it's almost inevitable that I'm going to put on weight. To add to that, I ride my bike at university and walk everywhere else whereas at home, pretty much everything is by car. I don't like the fact that my weight is yo-yoing. It's only by a little bit, but I come home and put it on and go back to uni and lose it (I must be doing something wrong, everyone else is the other way round!) Now that I'm going back to university though, I've decided I'm going to try the 5:2 diet. You eat normally for five days and then fast (can have up to 500 calories) for two days. Fasting is meant to be good for your body if done intermittently so I'm hoping for some health benefits from this too. To go with this, I'm going to up my water intake. Water is a natural appetite depressant, and it also aids in weight loss, hydration and body functioning. Lastly, I'm going to attempt running again, I've downloaded an app that tells you how many calories you've lost from it so I'm hoping if I can see that, it will encourage me. I don't hold out too much hope as I hate running but wish me luck!
You can see more of my weight posts here- LINK

I'm going back to university in a few days to start a new semester and I'm really looking forward to it. This last semester has been really hard going, my adviser described it as the hardest semester of my degree and I hope he's right because I've definitely struggled. However this term I have got to pick two out of three of my modules and I'm excited to get learning. Last semester had me really doubting my passion for law but my excitement for the semester means that I must still have it! Also I got a volunteer job, yay for experience! And I'm looking forward to starting that this term.

Lastly it's my mum's birthday today! Happy birthday, if you happen to be reading, Mam! We're not doing anything special, I think she wants a quiet night it whilst she turns 21 again ;) However we're going to breakfast tomorrow morning with some friends which should be lovely. I'm going to cook her a nice dinner tonight, maybe a cheeky glass of wine and a pamper evening. Sounds perfect, if I do say so myself!

I think that's all I've got to catch you all up on really. I just wanted to point out my blogging schedule if you haven't already worked it out. I didn't want to put anything in stone as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep it up but I have done so for the last three months so I feel like I can handle it. I post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and it is a mixture of beauty, lifestyle and the tiniest bit of fashion. I'm still branching out to the fashion side of it with hauls as I'm not yet comfortable with outfit posts (awkward poses anyone?) and my fashion sense is anything but revolutionary but I'll see how that goes.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Have you got any plans?

Signature photo Signature_zps8d23ffc3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...