Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Sick Day/ Hayfever/ Summer Makeup

Sick Day/ Hayfever/ Summer Makeup

I've had this post planned for ages but (obviously) when I wrote it, I was ill. Then exams came around and it got a bit stuck in the pipeline. The reason I'm posting it now is, I feel it's still relevant and omg, hayfever this year. I don't know about anyone else but I've been hit hard. Sneezing attacks, itchy eyes, nose and throat, the works! Tell me this isn't just me?!

Anyway, I like to wear similar makeup when I'm ill and in the summer time. This may sound a bit strange but I'm talking minimal, light, quick and easy application. In the summer, I like to let my skin breathe and not be weighed down by heave makeup in the heat (although I sometimes go to the effort of a BB cream) and when I'm ill, I don't have the time, patience or effort for a full face of make up. Am I making any sense? Probably not.

The above picture is more an indication of the products I like to wear.
Mascara- any old one that comes to hand but when thinking hayfever wise best to play it on the safe side with a waterproof version. One of my favourites is Maybelline The Falsies (Waterproof).

Concealer- I wasn't bothering with a base when I was ill. Instead I was reaching for an illuminating concealer, in this case the Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer, to wake up my face and hide my unsightly under eye bags. This is quite a sheer concealer meaning that it was easily blended into my naked skin.

Balmy lips- Some times it was just Cocoa Butter Vaseline, other times I wanted a swipe of colour. When the urge was upon me, I looked to MUA's Power Pout in Broken Hearted. A sheer, balmy pink that brightened up my face without being high maintenance. Perfect.

Olbas Oil/ hayfever medication- Obviously didn't wear these products but nice to have in the house, just in case. Olbas Oil is a life saver for a blocked nose (take a sniff) and aches and pains (massage in).

Usually I'd go with nothing if I was feeling really ill but on the days I had to look semi decent, this is what I was reaching for. What do you wear when you are sick? Have you been suffering from hayfever?

 photo Signature2_zps034d2f77.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...