Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Friday 11 July 2014

HOW TO: Frozen Lemon Slices

 photo frozenlemonslices_zps2cd68393.jpg

Now I may be telling you how to suck lemons (see what I did there?) but sometimes even the obvious needs pointing out. My mum has been telling me for ages that water with a hint of lemon curbs cravings (I've got the biggest sweet tooth) but when I buy a lemon, it always goes to waste. A week later and I'll find a shrivelled lemon half, all forgotten in the fridge after I made the first (and last) drink. I've been seeing a lot of 'healthy waters' round the internet and you could do this with any fruit so here it is, the how to!

 photo frozen_zps4f1727a4.jpg

 1. Cut the ends off of your lemon. You have to cut quite a way in as I made the mistake of cutting too little and ending up with more rind than flesh.

 photo slicey_zpsf4694dc1.jpg

2. Slice your lemons. I mixed it up between full slices and half slices, depending on what I'll need and what glasses I'll be drinking out of.

 photo slice_zpsced0d6d8.jpg

3. Put on a plate or something flat and put the them in the freezer. You need to do this instead of putting the slices straight into a plastic bag so they don't all stick together. They'd be a nightmare to separate!

4. After a few hours you can put them into plastic bags and you'll have individual lemon slices ready to pop into your water, tea or anything else!

I hope this helped someone and it's not just me being slow on the bandwagon! It means I no longer have to worry about my fruit going off in the fridge!

Have you got any kitchen tips for me?

   photo Signature2_zps034d2f77.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I make natural lemonade and drink it everyday!! This is a great idea, again thank you!!


    xx

    themstuio13.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped you! I was afraid it was too obvious! Thanks for the comment Mariana xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...